The Parents & Citizens Association (P&C) works collaboratively with the school administration, representing the parent and community voice. We also play a role in providing additional funding to purchase resources to enhance the learning experience for students at Vardys Road. This is achieved by:
- partnering with the school in procedure development and decision making where appropriate;
- providing opportunities for strengthening and engaging the school community;
- advocating within the school and the broader community;
- providing a forum for parent input, participation and feedback;
- delivering successful fundraising and event programs;
- targeting funds towards the purchase of facilities and equipment for the school;
- delivering a profitable and affordable uniform service that is responsive to parent needs.
Membership of the Vardys Road P&C Association is open to all parents and guardians of students attending the school and to all citizens. Vardys Road P&C Association is always keen to welcome new members and particularly members who access or have an interest in the services provided by the P&C Association, such as our Uniform Shop.
The P&C meet on the Monday of weeks 4 and 8 each term. The purpose of these meetings are to:
- Provide an update on the P&C's current projects and fundraisers, financial status and uniform shop,
- Gather an update from the Principal,
- Provide a forum for all parties to work together to organise school-wide events e.g. School Movie Night, and
- Discuss any school wide issues.
We always welcome new members of our school community, so come along, listen and have your say.
Please note that a $2 annual membership fee applies to all voting members.
Further details about P&C meetings, including dates of our meetings are found here